Sunday, October 25, 2009

THE WAY THE SHOVEL FALLS

And so I feed again

The way it comes

Sometimes I don’t even ask

Are they tests

Or gifts?

She brings them to me

For reasons I can’t grasp

The way the shovel

Falls to my hands

 

Laying here naked

I pant away

Smoking my pipe this old way

Still using after all these years

Trading powder for thighs

The lighter is your eyes

The black satin sheets

An ocean of escape

 

Laying here

Drifting

Floating away

Even if it is just for a few moments

 

Doesn’t matter what your name is

You have no name

You’re just another plot

You’re just another pot

Hole in the road

Traveling towards tomorrow

Lost in space

And lost in time

Guess I just had too much on my mind

Today

 

Another reason to escape

Another tragic date

These bodies just pile

Another reason to hate

The way they all come and go

Feeling myself yearning

Feel the whole world burning

To make some kind of personal change

 

Some kind of worldwide pain

This bedroom has seen too many

Hands touched by thousands

A heart only touched by few

Guess I’m still just tucking away

These distant memories of you

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment