Monday, September 21, 2009

THE CHILD INSIDE

Dead sea scrolls

Once I read

Along the swift currents

Of the red sea

Pounding so hard

The salt in the air


Waiting for you to come home

The fantasy well grown

Years of thought waves

Hating mopping the kitchen floors

So many boxes to put away

Closets full of clothes

Never worn anymore

 

With my eyes closed

I call your name

As my eyes

They get weaker

So much quicker reaching

For my glasses

The jewelry just seems to grow

On my arms with the ink

Tattoos of memories

And milestones

Sometimes it’s so hard

To just not think

 

 

Sometimes it’s so hard

To quiet the mind

Keeping focused and excited

A daily goal I reach

The checkered flag

Waves inches in front of my face

Every day a new experience

I meet

 

Pondering a life away

Waking through tall cities

Buildings

The size of mountains

Wondering

Where my wife is tonight

Crossing the oceans of history

Flashing the scenes

Of fallen civilizations

Romanticizing

A well earned death

Curiosity of that barrel

The final click

And just a mess

 

The sun rising over the pyramids

Reaching for the stars

Our society of swollen

Hearts and packed filled bars

Cars crashing, babies are born

Let the birds fly south

For the winter

As I go deeper

Inside

 

For another hundred years

I go deeper

Inside

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. mmph. It just makes me want to be th lil spoon with your breath on the back of my neck

    ReplyDelete