Wednesday, November 25, 2009

THE WAY YOU SAY MY NAME

And so it’s through this phone

That I hear you, distant

So far you sound

Saying my name like

A total stranger

Like we never made love

Like we never felt anger

When we didn’t get our way

With each other

Just like we never woke up

So many times before

Like I never saw

Your silhouette in the door

Walking back to sleep

From the bathroom

Finding your side of the bed

Find another reason

To rest my head

Against yours

So many times to you

Have I crawled


You know it takes guts

To call you

In the middle of the night

It takes courage

To hold you

With all my might

In the black

In the light

I guess you just don’t see me

The way I see you


The way I see through

The clear plastic glaze

Glazed over your mask

Glazed over your cocktail flask

Dancing through the night

Coming home to nothing

A hollow shell of an existence

Somehow hoping

To believe these words I spill


To get over you sooner

This rollercoaster shrill

Now just a tired moan

I moan at the moon

It’s shown

My way home

And it’s just sad tonight


Holding this phone

Listening to a voice

I don’t recognize

Speaking words

Feeling things

I just don’t want to feel


You say my name like a stranger

And it’s hard to bite the anger

Into my own phone

Your face in my head

But your voice so far

And it hurts

To know

That so many miles away

You really are

Just so far

So far away

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment