Friday, January 22, 2010

GLORY AND TIME

A dusk darkened world

At every angle of touch

Your freckles glare

The morning

Surrounded by

The curve of shoulders

Under the covers


The blurring blades of hip-bones

Like French braids twisting

Our thighs lay

French kissing

Sleeping on a bench missing

Nothing in the world

Cause with you this way

I need no other distraction


Balancing on your limbs

Like logs floating

On the surface of the ocean

My life raft

Your left calf

In my right hand

Another day your loyal man

As we breathe into

The lush green walls

Cause every time

I open my eyes to you

I know I did something right


For now

The next best move

Is just rolling over into you

My jungle gym of limbs

Hair and bars

Swinging past Mars

Up on to Venus

You just kiss my face

Circle my lips with the tips

Of your fingers

Caressing under my skin

Seeing the children within

You whisper


That I’m just a big baby

And just a big maybe

I might just sleep in

A little bit longer


Pulling the covers like jackets

We twist

You turn

The bed cooks

We burn

And it’s just you and me

When the world

Washes by


As if life-

Was just some kind

Of secret time warp

Filled dreamscapes

Loving blind

Spilled stories

Glory and time

Mixed with emotions and memories

That begins and ends

Every day this way


As long as I can start and end

With you

I know that nothing else

Really matters

And I know that

The only thing

That really matters

In this moment in time

Is this moment in time


That only truly matters

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment