Wednesday, April 7, 2010

MY BLACK PIRATE SHIP REMAINS

What’s Easter Sunday

When you live alone

Alarm clock

Telephone


Half past twelve

Half passed the mess

The chess game called us

Been more than a week now

I guess


Its time to digress and play

In the thick mud

Outside my door

The earth shakes and quakes

And I just stay cozy in my

New down comforter

Comforting my life away


Why didn’t I buy this sooner

Thinking to myself grinning

Rolling over as another

Missed call passes me by


I guess this is kind of like getting high

Watching the sunset through your eyes

I guess this could be called happiness

Walking naked in my nest

The house keeper sure keeps

A clean house indeed

Can’t even walk through the kitchen

Without every appliance

Smiling and gleaming


Still miss your beaming

Gleam

Watching the water

Run through your hair in the shower

All the power we made

Steaming the windows

Sure could keep this couch comfy

And cozy watching movies


Again in my mind

And on the Tele

Something of comfort and the maze

Hazy and lost in Tuesdays

Of tomorrows

Try to stay centered and not harbor

Another lost love, taken

By another pushing spring, fling


Guess I can get back to my garden

My garden never leaves

She just grows with these bodies

And memories of life

Never too much strife, when I satisfy

Myself this way

A cry for help indeed

Today on the couch I bleed

And weep


For a whole country in mass

Sitting on my ass

So content on a bed full of

Duck feathers, so fuck Heather

And Julie and maybe just

You too

Cause sometimes it just feels

Good to say it out loud

Maybe I am too good for you


Who am I to limit myself

To think that I am not too good

For someone too scared

Strong thighs but easily scarred

By the winds of change

These rusty lovers bars

Tired of shaking them to open

No key, just chains


But my black pirate ship remains

The starboard bow full steam ahead

Through these earthquakes in Baja

Oh yeah and aha, all of a sudden I am okay

With you not in the room

I guess


My nest

This must be somewhere between

A total wreck and deep bloom

Content in my room

Stuck on slouch

Falling in and out of love

Somewhere between happiness and the couch

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly how I felt today...
    Comforting myself with my comforter, walking naked in my shiny clean nest, and falling in and out of love... at least 3 times today :-)
    Somewhere between happiness and the couch...
    you're amazing xox

    ReplyDelete