Tuesday, April 6, 2010

THAT STEEPLE ACROSS THE STREET

So many plans I made

In my head

So many places

I was just making

Lists of things

To do

With you

Everywhere

We were supposed

To go

Like a deer jumping


Across the skyline

Or like spilling

Three drinks at one

Time standing baffled

Confused and amazed

What the fuck just happened

To the last ninety days

We smashed together


I see that steeple across

The street and I know

You see it too

From the kitchen

Cause I’m in the kitchen too

Now were two

The other halves

Back to ourselves again

Back to our old routine


Head down

Hands on my spleen

Picking up where we

Left off

Right before we got scoffed

In the rain that night

In December

Stuck in your eyes


Back to where I was but

Maybe only worse

Cause now I just have the

Memory of your face

Your fingers, the grace

Stuck with just the fantasy

Now of what we could

Have been what

We should have been

How could this happen

This way


This way to abundance

I’m just confused ma

And I refuse to excuse the

Way we could have been

The way we were for a while

Then like sensitive crabs

We scurried sideways

And now the ocean has

Taken us away


Off to the deep end

I was heading

So many plans I made

Inside my head

Amazing how much my life

Changed

The future, the names

So many different choices

And now I change

It all again

Back to having no idea

Not even a clue

What tomorrow will bring

Or even with who

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment