Saturday, June 12, 2010

OUTSIDE OUR CITY GATES

I hate the way we pretend

Not to see each other

In the same room

Sweating and looming

I hate the D and the I

Before the stance

Between us

Drive me insane

The new dance, we swing

Our broken wing


Please bring me back down

From this rooftop of shame

Scaling the edges, tip toeing

Around every corner of my city

Hoping for a glance

In the kill zone, tranced

Waiting for you to hide

Behind your green shades


Dismayed, in the recent messages

You send my way

In broken bottles

So bleached out and blanched

Like they could have fallen from

Some robotic branch

A fortune cookie time machine


“Hoping that I am surrounded

By people that love and care for me”

Well who the hell else would you hope

For, some soft bitten scorn

Wild boar pack of whores

A truck-load of enemies

Seems somehow now

Were frenemies, and it hurts

So bad, even when I stare into your

Eyes and you just see right

Through me, acting like

You didn’t see, or even worse

You do and just follow course


But then sometimes, you come back

Up for air, my little girl inside

Is there, and you reach for me

Her voice is back, and she stands

There, waiting for me to take her hand

And like the drug addict I am

I do and I stand, in a black suit

Your loyal man, please ma’am

Your taking too long this time dear

The times that I need you here

They’re just too far and few in between


Missing your face on my spleen

All I need is just one touch, magical

And I can’t remember the dark clouded

Forest, that lies behind my hazel eyes

When you’re not around

And every corner I bend it’s not you

Every smile I receive is missing

You in three’s, that forest that’s

Burned out of green trees

Dry and barren in the dark

The creatures on the ground scurry

In the park and steal and throb

And it’s hard to just try and sob

And make some kind of healthy

Boundary between the past

And the present


Fallen King to a Peasant

Now I stand outside our city

Walls I once owned

The key and the gate

The whole throne the estate

You once gave me all

Your kisses and soft words

Hands, heart and heels

Now scraping crumbs

Of your attention is today’s meal


And I wait still

Outside these city gates

In linen pants and a wool shirt

Rusting shovel in the dry dirt

Waiting for you to take this hurt

And make it disappear

Like whispers in my ears

I just can’t feel you anymore

This six months to the day

The rain came

And the little girl

Came my way

Still waiting for you

My love to come home


Staring out the window again

Resting between sets

Getting lost in the sweats

And the music

Watching you across the room

We both share

Remembering the very

First time I ever saw you there

And I wondered, what it would

Be like to be your man

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment