Friday, July 2, 2010

INTO THE SUN

The river runs dry

Near the far end of the hill

The looking eye darker

Than before, the hour

Still clocking more

Shocking and dismantled

Carrying this bag of memory

Searching everywhere

For your scent


Somehow, disconnected

We have lost touch

No longer seeing your face

No clothes, no legs

Can’t even find the magazine

This month, so prove

To me you exist

Prove to me this

Wasn’t some final-fatal

Fantasy still believing

In me, the days ahead

May contain our laughter

And strides


Was such a dream to see

You, there in the night

Dressed in black robes, black tights

Boots and lip-gloss

Long hair and gloves

How the rain can wash

The city away

Why can’t I find the courage

To call you back my way


Still needing you, the night

The new door opened

And substitutions in place

Newer music, newer face

But it’s the comfort in the mess

I guess, searching for activity

And nothing less, than the best

I just don’t believe in bad timing

I believe in you and me


I believe I am the fool

Again because I believed

All the words you spilled

The days you thrilled

And put me, through

The times we made

Love so true


Watching you cook

In the kitchen

Burned into my hands

My forehead

Now looking at what

Was the present, now past

Burning this paper heart

So fast, where have

You gone into the sun

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment