Thursday, July 22, 2010

I'M SORRY

Broken glass shatters

Back stabbed

The way home in blood clot

Trails to the morgue

It is what I still do best

Strapping you in the chest

With fatal mortal sized wounds

Rounds filled with nitrates

To soak your blood

Cause it’s like the old game

‘You hurt me, so I destroy

It all from the ground up’

Pulling

Falling

Again aching

The knife between my legs

Slices you apart


Destroy what was left

Linger for long

Something so pure

So white

Now drenched in blood

And disgust

The way I leave the place a mess

You just can’t help but scar

By this charring nature

The nurture of dysfunction

Keep our motors wheeling

On hot engine oil we function

Like coffee brewing in the morning

I stay awake all night, just

Hating myself even more, digging

Deeper trenches of shame


Guard the light

The name of the game

Escapism

When I was just a little boy

Looking for love

With blood on my hands

And everyone crying

Trying to leave

Now awake a man

And once again broken

Another heart

Even my own

I slice so smooth

Waiting, watching

Towards the front of the room


Asking

Please send someone please

Come to the rescue

Only to be laid to rest

In these pages

Someone come

To my rescue, to find these idle

Hands, digging, sinking

Deeper in muddled lands

Ruining your weekend

And our dream plans

Some sort of fantasy ending

No boundary, no definition

Just hurt, and pain

When my mind wanders

Back to your face


When your mind wanders back

To our place

I can’t help but wince

At how bad things really got

Un believable

Where we got off

This train wreck against the wall

Bodies scatter the hillside

Crash and burn we fall

Helpless, distant, we fail

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this one. It evokes such emotion and passion in reading it. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete