Friday, July 24, 2009

ON THE EDGE OF A CONTINENT

At the beach

On your back

I awake

Transported in time

Distorted

Sublime

Like we never said

Goodbye

Years galore

The tears before

The freckles darken

As the sun brightens

Enlightening another day

Wiping your hair away

Wishing there was

Just a single grain of sand

On the beach

That could resemble

The hope I need

For you to ever trust

Me again

To ever open that bridge again

Chewing red apples

Sitting staring

Baffled

Watching the currents

Wondering

How the hell

We ever ended up here again

Feeling the earthquake

Across the globe

Shaking the tides

So high today

I can’t remember anything

When I look into your eyes

The profile of love

Thoughts of divinity

Nothing makes sense

The times you kiss me

Over and over again

I fall into you

Year after year

The season so clear

Summers here

And so are you

The beach is softer

But my index finger

Criss-crossing

Drawing circles across

Your back is something

Much more serene

Than anything

I could have ever seen

In the life

We both shoveled

Both redefined

In the life we both left behind

Watching your face change

As the sun starts to wane

Forever could I stay in this day

Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. Very sweet, and as always -- love the picture. Keep up the great work. ~Voxx~

    ReplyDelete