Thursday, December 24, 2009

THE SKY AND THE LAND

Taking us to that place

To watch souls disappear

Like you said

Something I needed you to see

A place to repent

And place to be free

The sweats

My sacred tented

Dome sleepless

And alone


But now it is you

Whose head I cradle

So rich a

Ladle full of cream

Pouring this love

Over the mountains

And hills, in my dreams

Swimming the darkness

Everything flies away


Just your hand in mine

As the sweat chases

These scars away

Running them across the street

Epidermis peel

This heat making

Us heal


From sickness

And strife

Replenishing

This delicate crystal

Glass of life

With thick

Pure warrior

Blue blood


I put on these red boxing gloves

And take another bow towards love

For I have not seen you for years

In fact with these new eyes

And these new ears

I have never seen you

Quite like this at all


Wasn’t it just the Fall

Where I was praying to be born

And now the first day of Winter

The longest night of the year

Stretching romantic shears

To toss and tumble

In these leaves


Rolling around these black seas

Of sheets and lips

Fingers

And hips

And touching

Your breathe

My neck, you jump

I call

Together we

Fall into the

Darkness

Blending our lines

So the future

We make our own colors


Blurring our clothes

Let the things

That don’t work between

Us slide off the wing

Of the plane

This newest game plan

The sky and the land


I have waited for this night

Target practice for years

Finally an equal in sight

And sound

Loving you on the ground

Rolling around in bed

Or was it the living room

Or the car

Suddenly the ceilings ajar-

Take it slow baby

For I have no where to rush

Fingers in your mouth

To hush you


Waking in and out

Of consciousness

Of dreamscapes

And movie scenes

Falling into your neck line

The glass of water

On the nightstand

Floats in the air


Rolling over to Colorado

The map just changes

Shapes at my feet

Cities below my back

Alarm clock melting

As we wake up on the ceiling


Feet hanging over the door

Lamp shades, ceiling trim

The bed down on the ground

I think were floating in some space

You warm hands on my back

The smell of your hair

Puts me back under

Where I want to be


As my world just spins

Like some slow circus wheel

In one big tumble

Upside down

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment