Wednesday, May 27, 2009

THE CLUBS OF WAR

The cold steal of my hand
With weapons we demand
Respect in a moment
The gun I hold

Kept neatly under the bed
The safety she brings
Feeling the fear
A stranger coming near 
Endangering
The house

The middle of the night
I can pull her out 
With all my might
Holding this gun to you
Commanding attention

To pull this trigger
Shooting the pain away
The darkness creeps today
My gun 
My salvation in sleep
Awaiting the bullets to spray

Since she's been gone
The fear still skips along
No more near she is
Reach into the night for you


They took you away
The past
The money
The pills
The lies 
The deceit
The pain

My protection 
Against the night
My gun alone 
In some storage tank
Missing your shiny bullets
As I sleep

Reaching for you
In nightmares
Your case still sits on the shelf
The case where you lived
Now sits alone 
And silent
The place where my gun
Once lived
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment