Monday, May 25, 2009

SOMEONE WE'LL NEVER MEET

Warm breeze

Blue sky and palm trees

California my home

So accustomed

Watching helicopters saunter by

They hover and flutter

Littering the sky with a vibrating hum

 

Taxis hail

Semi trucks wail

I’m quite sure that light was red

Perfect turbine on his head

Baby strollers to the brim

Head turning I win

As she was definitely worth a second glance

 

The American flag in the distance

Waiving my father

Persistence I keep

As another homeless woman

Shifts by

Toenails long as emery boards

 

Ankles dipped in mud

Hair rag 

Jet lagged

She mumbles something

Walking by to a meeting

With someone we’ll never meet

Looking down at my own feet

With socks and shoes

Real people to meet

Plenty of rich clean food to eat

So grateful for everything

This time around

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment