Monday, May 25, 2009

SAILING AWAY

Deep magenta smears

Sand upon the horizon

The ocean

She breathes

Gentle waves crash the shore

Like water splashing a dance floor

The undertow reveals the shimmer

White clouds of salt bubble smooth

The ocean

She reaches for me


Each wave a bit further back

She is losing with this tide

As for tonight

The moon pulls us away

Taking a step closer to let her win

She gently touches my feet

Playing this game with mother earth

How I long for your touch


Watching the red ball

Sink into the skyline

The sky cools

Colors of blue

Grey sand

Soft hands

Today

It is just me who is going down

The sun

She is merely just passing us around


The traffic blurring

Cars churn to a crawl

Winding down the sunset

Yellow lines

Red lights clear

Eyes make them smear

Pulling my scarf closer

I know it will be dark again soon

And my mind will be too


Watching the ocean reach out for me

I wince at her losing stretch

I remind her that tomorrow

She will win again

When the moon lets us go

We can out stretch our arms

And touch dry land


Until then

Into the night we sail

Slowly losing this fight

Heading towards the moon

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment