Thursday, May 28, 2009

CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED

I come home at night and my pen has nothing to say to me

The paper just stares out the window ignoring my entrance

Dishes laughing out of corners of smirks lying in the sink

These carpets stay filled with lint and dust

Creating something out of this apartment, out of nothing I must

Pouring my lust on to these pages turning these battles into stages

Closing my kitchen blinds I shut the windows and prepare for sleep

Washing these teeth so rigorous I brush pee toilet flush

Wooby and Tikki holding me down, Henry Miller before sleep

My feets’ fold down, falling again like this every night, to sleep

Outside the birds weep while the moon stays up late on a run again

Traffic keeps coming in Hollywood at all hours of the night

Carl’s Jr. drive thru still doing all right I contort into R.E.M.

Falling past my day my mind takes me away

Off to cuckoo land we go, where it rains and it glows

Its purple when it snows, and these flying pigs keep us laughing

Like ducks, barking through the fences we jump over buildings

Crawling down slip n slides I walk across water every night

Creating this circus Barnum & Bailey in my head just above the bed

And still you’re here too, I see you in the stands

Eating popcorn sitting on your hands, still smiling like a child

With your flashing glow sticks, the little boy next to you nose picks

While your eyes just follow the spotlight to the center of the stage

My eyes just follow the stoplights your part of my rage

Your bones are my cage and you keep me so locked away

Ice cream helping, eyeliner melting, pushing your bra down below

The lines with my hands, I mangle your panties like spoiled fruit

Waking up in a cold sweat just missing the kiss, fucking dreams

Making me miss those precious moments all taken for granted

Well not really for granted but there were just so many

In such short amount of time, how many white lines, did we

All have to say so much in between all of our beautiful silences

Stretching stretch marks over smooth skin, causing chain reactions

With chemicals we live in a state of horror constantly weighing the bore

Or the lug of this wheel that keeps us spinning called life

Trying not to lose interest in a wife, calming myself a few times

Everyday this way, unfolding and forever spinning on these vibrational

Thought waves, for this is the movie that I project onto the screen

For this is my most awakened realest dream

Photobucket

1 comment: